The Company assets, such as equipment, vehicles, telephones and smartphones, desktop and laptop computers, tablets, and software, are not for private use. These are to be used strictly for company business, and are not permitted off the premises unless authorized. A company asset must be used in the manner for which it was intended. Upon termination, you are required to surrender company assets you possess.
Company desktop and laptop computers, smartphone and tablet devices, internet, and communication services are a privileged resource, and must be used only to complete essential job-related functions. You are not permitted to download any illegal or unauthorized software, files, or programs, and must receive permission from an IT Administrator before installing any new software on a company computer and/or mobile device, excluding the App Store for iOS devices or the Google Play Store for Android. Files, programs, or applications stored on company computers, mobile devices, and/or internal websites or servers may not be copied for personal use without obtaining prior written consent from Information Technology.
Employees with Company owned mobile devices, including laptops, smartphones, and tablets understand that the device, and the data stored within such device is owned by the Company and may be reviewed and/or seized without warning. Desktop phones are provided for business use and the Company requests that employees do not make or receive personal calls while on duty. If urgent, please keep personal calls to a minimum and conversations brief.
Company Vehicles & Equipment
The purpose of this section is to promote safety, protect assets, and reduce the frequency of accidents on and off Company premises. These guidelines apply to employees who will need to operate Company-owned vehicles and equipment as a part of their job function. Age requirements to drive Company-owned vehicles and equipment are as follows:
- Employees must be 18 or older to drive a Company-owned vehicle on the premises.
- Employees must be 25 or older to drive a Company-owned vehicle off the premises.
- Employees operating mowing equipment, scissor lifts, forklifts, and skid-steers must be at least 18 with completion of training and certification where applicable.
- Employees must be 21 or older in order to operate any other heavy equipment.
The following conditions are considered to be a misuse of company vehicles and equipment:
- Driving a Company-owned vehicle without prior authorization.
- Permitting someone not authorized to drive a Company-owned vehicle.
- Engaging in unsafe practices, including the failure to use, and to ensure that all passengers use all available safety equipment in the vehicle or equipment being operated.
- Safety equipment includes seatbelt, lanyards, harnesses, and back-up alarms.
All drivers must have a valid U.S. driver’s license, be properly trained, and comply with all federal and state laws for the class of vehicle being operated.
Drivers are responsible for any citations for which they are at-fault. Accidents should be reported as soon as possible to Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S). Do not leave the scene of an accident until declared to do so by law enforcement.
The Company does not cover damage to personal vehicles used for Company business.